home about diy crafts tutorials recipes tips tricks

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Family Rules Board


I have been working on this project for over a year and it is FINALLY complete!  

It took me a good while to decide what I wanted my board to say.  I wanted powerful words that are important to my family.  I felt it was a big responsibility to represent my family and our values and motto so I took this project very seriously.  After consulting with Carson about what we would like it to say, I spent some time drawing up the design.  I wanted a subway tile art type of style and wanted it clean looking and easy to read.  I love family rules boards in black and white and knew from the beginning that is what colors I wanted- that was the easy part!...Usually not the case with me.

I immediately got hung up on what I wanted it mounted on.  I knew I wanted wood, but couldn't find a good solid piece that wasn't too heavy.  I finally decided to piece boards together and give it a pallet look.  This took a little more work than if I was to go with a solid piece but it was fun to experiment.  The pallet idea didn't totally turn out as planned as it's hard to see the individual boards because of how dark the color is but I still really like how the overall product turned out!  This can also be done on any size canvas. 



I contacted my awesome vinyl gal and she got the wording to me super fast.  All I had to do was paint using the vinyl as my stencil!  I then applied hardware to hang it on the wall and sprayed it with a clear coating to protect it and that. is. it!  Super easy craft especially if you choose to mount it on a solid piece of wood or canvas.  

This is one of my most valued and treasured projects.  I love what it represents and hope it can stay in my family for a long time.  

This bad boy is going on my family collage wall which I am excited to show once it is finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment