home about diy crafts tutorials recipes tips tricks

Friday, June 13, 2014

Protein Pudding

I love Summer.  It is full of all the things I enjoy; warm sun, longer days, playing outside, swimming, BBQ's and yep, lots of GOODIES!!  

BUT you don't need to feel quite as guilty about this yummy goodness.  My mother in law introduced me to this protein pudding.  It is the PERFECT Summer treat.  It is low fat, packed with protein, AND most importantly it's super yummy!  And with all the protein it is a perfect "after workout" snack.  

It is such a good alternative snack to all the sugar loaded junk we often indulge in in the Summer.  Ok, now I by no means am a healthy eater and I 100% guarantee I will continue to eat the junk that I so love but this is one treat where I can enjoy it and don't have to feel *as* guilty after eating it so I thought I'd share.

Protein Pudding



-2 c. *low fat* cottage cheese 
-2 c. Skim or low fat (1%) milk 
-1  6.5 serving instant pudding (I do white chocolate flavor) *fat free, sugar free*
-1  8oz. container *light* whipped topping
-1 Tbs. Almond flavoring

Add all ingredients in large blender or food processor and mix until smooth.  Let refrigerate to further set up.  Serve plain or with fruit of choice.  Enjoy!

My three year old and my husband loves it and they are the pickiest eaters I know.  It's a good way to hide some needed protein in my son's diet ;)  

Enjoy and Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment