home about diy crafts tutorials recipes tips tricks

Friday, May 23, 2014

Fast and Easy Grocery Bag Storage

Anybody have a hard time keeping their grocery bags from taking over their kitchen?  No, just me?  Ok.  Maybe I was being lazy but I obviously had an issue on my hands.  

No exaggeration, this is my pantry before I did something to control the grocery bags.  I swear they would somehow grow and work their way out of the larger bag I was just stuffing them into.  Besides the obvious bag issue, don't judge how extremely unorganized my pantry is!



So here is a great way to neatly store a 
large amount of grocery bags



Start by laying bag out like this


fold it in half- hot dog style ;)


While anchoring the end with your thumb, start wrapping sack around two fingers (doesn't matter which end you start with)


keep wrapping until you get a little tail leftover


gently remove fingers and stuff the tail into the center of the roll





you will be left with a little grocery sack ball all nice and compact




If I were super house wife and had a fancy, organized pantry I would put these into a cute decorative container but since I haven't gotten to organizing and cutesy-ing my pantry quite yet, I stuck them in a leftover Costco shake box :)  


Ahhhh so nice to have my pantry back!  My box is tucked away in the far right side out of sight of this picture but it's there.  Now when I open my pantry door I'm not greeted with a million grocery bags swarming at my feet, they are neatly tucked away practically out of sight.  

By doing this, I can neatly fit hundreds of bags even just in that little cardboard box!  And it may seem time consuming but it really isn't!  Once you've done one and get the hang of it, you can easily wrap hundreds in just a few minutes.  It is so easy to come home from grocery shopping and unload and just wrap the bags up quick and throw them in my container with the rest.


1 comment: